Being a VP of Business Development at GMT
The VP of Business Development (VPBD) works with the Sales and Marketing and Operations teams to develop and implement comprehensive strategies, systems, tactics, metrics, budgets, resource requirements and action plans to grow and support revenue targets and, future growth targets in support of GMT’s overall strategic objectives. They help establish and maintain the sales pipeline and support activities and helps resolve complex customer requests or issues as needed. The VPBD oversees workflow of all business processing for their assigned territory including preparation of reports, charts, and other statistics to support the sales role. They also manage cooperation with cross-functional teams to introduce new products or services as needed. The VPBD manages and implements promotional events and interacts with external partners and vendors to increase sales volume. They also keep accurate records of receipts and invoices as needed.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
- Directing and managing assigned territory to meet / exceed sales and marketing goals and objectives.
- Collaborating with Sales & Marketing Directors and Operations to develop and implement comprehensive strategies, systems, tactics, metrics, budgets, resource requirements, and action plans, to grow and meet / exceed sales revenue targets and future growth targets within their territory.
- Maintaining up-to-date assigned territory information within the Sales Organization Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System as directed by sales leadership.
- Analyzing business processes and collaborating with Senior Account Managers, Sales & Marketing Directors, and Operations to identify opportunities, streamline processes, and improve results.
- Developing Sales Support metrics and track and report on performance and productivity of the sales team.
- Ensuring the organization has the adequate skill sets and resources to provide exceptional customer support to meet and / exceed revenue and strategic growth goals and objectives.
- Developing and communicating sales support strategies to the management team.
- Building and maintaining a collaborative environment by emphasizing teamwork.
- University Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales support or sales operations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing major accounts
- Proven ability to effectively interact with Senior Executives
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills
- Advanced computer application skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Full command of the English language
- Able to effectively manage a cross-functional team
- Experience developing sales strategies, tactics, and performance metrics
- Entrepreneurial spirit, leadership ability, and team player at all levels
- Solid business acumen, and ability to learn entire business model
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Ability to travel 30%
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.