Being a Sr Technical Support Specialist at GMT
As a Senior Tech Support Specialist at GMT, you are a key part of our IT team – lending analytical and business process skills to ensure system safety and compliance. Your top priorities are to provide detailed technical support to resolve computer hardware/software and network issues and make recommendations to management about ongoing best practices. Every single day is different as you wear multiples hats: trainer, problem solver and technical expert.
We hire for cultural, and skillset fit. You’ve got to be smart, innovative, and open to change. Our employees are collaborative, thought leaders who are an extension of our clients’ teams.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
- Strong detail and results orientation
- Client-centric mindset with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, stay organized and manage time well
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Flexibility to work around tight schedules and evolving requirements
Who You Are:
A Builder – Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Desire to build that which is no one has thought to build.
A Collaborator – Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
An Optimist – Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You always work toward yes, providing solutions that move us forward. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5 years related experience deskside support required
- Additional computer related education or A+ certification required
- Required at least one technical certification (Comp TIA, Security+, Network+, Microsoft Certified Professional)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, and Ethernet connectivity
- Knowledge of basic server administration (Windows/Linux)
- Project management skills are a plus
- Scripting skills are a plus
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for evaluating and prioritizing incoming requests from customers that have questions about pc hardware, software, applications, printers, or peripherals
- Configure and maintain Office 365 access, security, storage, and email
- Install and maintain computers, peripherals, and network equipment with minimal supervision
- Document issues, service requests, and resolutions in IT ticketing system
- Coordinate with the IT Department for local IT projects, ensure proper protocols are followed
- Work with systems and network engineers in resolving infrastructure related issues
- Automate recurring processes and procedures for speed and consistency
- Cross train other department employees to ensure best support for all users
- Install, patch, and upgrade Windows and Linux operating systems and Windows/Linux based software and hardware
- Setup and support wireless systems
- Configure endpoint security
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.