Being a Sr Software Engineer at GMT
Green Mountain Technology is currently searching for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior-level Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing development staff. In addition to providing support as needed for our existing codebase, you will play a key role in driving the technical direction for future services and products that we create for our customers. A career at GMT will provide the opportunity to fully utilize your knowledge and abilities to develop solutions that will provide immediate value for our customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a track record of successfully developing and implementing new features and products, exhibit sound problem-solving skills, and be dedicated to staying current with new technologies. As a senior-level employee, you will also need to show strong leadership skills by coaching others when needed and by encouraging excellence within the company.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals related to data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, design patterns, etc.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and experience with MSSQL, MySQL or equivalent
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent communication skills and experience with communicating with users and other stakeholders to collect project requirements
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with containerized architectures/management (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and Virtualized
- Experience working with NoSQL and/or modern hybrid database technologies
- Prior experience mentoring engineers and providing technical direction to teams
- Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST-based interface a plus
What will you be doing?
- Lead definition, architecture, and design of software components, solution designs, tools, and tests
- Developing solutions to help us process large amounts of data and deliver that information to our customers.
- Drive the continuous evolution of best practices within the development team
- Integrating a DevOps practices in all the code you and your team develop and maintain (continuous integration, testing, build, deployment, monitoring)
- Developing loosely coupled systems using Rest API’s and messaging
- Creating proof-of-concept designs with input from the product owners
- Developing new front end systems using latest web development tools and frameworks
- Analyzing programs for performance improvements and troubleshooting when necessary
- Engineering database systems for high performance and low latency
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.