Being a Sr Site Reliability Engineer at GMT
Green Mountain Technology is currently searching for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior-level Site Reliability Engineer to join our rapidly growing technology staff. In addition to providing support as needed for our existing systems, you will play a key role in driving the technical direction for monitoring, reliability, recovery and business continuity capabilities at GMT. A career at GMT will provide the opportunity to fully utilize your knowledge and abilities to develop solutions that will provide immediate value for our customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a track record of successfully developing, implementing, and supporting both new and mature systems, exhibit sound problem-solving skills, and be dedicated to staying current with new technologies. As a senior-level employee, you will also need to show strong leadership skills by coaching others when needed and by encouraging excellence within the company.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Solid understanding of computer system fundamentals related to operational support, resilience, and reliability of distributed and cloud-based systems
- Experience with tools of the trade, including a variety of modern system performance monitoring tools
- Excellent programming/scripting skills with proficiency in at least one modern scripting language
- Solid understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity planning and implementation
- Knowledge of system site reliability engineering best practices for Linux and Windows systems including containerization, virtualization, infrastructure automation, and cloud-systems (Azure)
- Excellent communication skills and experience with communicating with users and other stakeholders to collect business requirements
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience working in an agile development environment, supporting multiple teams and technologies
- Experience with designing and implementing disaster recovery plans
- Experience with containerized architectures/management (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and Virtualized Systems
- Experience supporting NoSQL and/or modern hybrid database technologies
- Prior experience mentoring engineers and providing technical direction to teams
What will you be doing?
- Lead definition, architecture, and design of system reliability components, solution designs, tools, and tests
- Define and execute disaster recovery plans, alongside business continuity plans
- Drive the continuous evolution of best practices within the infrastructure team
- Integrating DevOps practices in all the code you and your team develop and maintain (continuous integration, testing, build, deployment, monitoring)
- Migrating existing on-prem systems to the cloud as appropriate
- Creating proof-of-concept designs with input from the product owners
- Analyzing programs for performance improvements and troubleshooting when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.