Being a Sr DevOps Engineer at GMT
Green Mountain Technology is currently searching for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior-level DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing technology staff. In addition to providing support as needed for our existing systems, you will play a key role in driving the technical direction for infrastructure-as-code and cloud migration for GMT. A career at GMT will provide the opportunity to fully utilize your knowledge and abilities to develop solutions that will provide immediate value for our customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a track record of successfully implementing and supporting both new and mature systems, exhibit sound problem-solving skills, and be dedicated to staying current with new technologies. As a senior-level employee, you will also need to show strong leadership skills by coaching others when needed and by encouraging excellence within the company.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Solid understanding of computer system fundamentals related to operational support, resilience, and reliability of distributed and cloud-based systems
- Experience with tools of the trade, including a variety of modern infrastructure management tools and monitoring tools, as well and CI/CD tool stacks
- Excellent programming/scripting skills with proficiency in at least one modern scripting language. Hands-on experience with one or more infrastructure-as-code tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience in managing both Linux and Windows environments, both on-prem and in the cloud
- Solid understanding of infrastructure as code, containerization, virtualization, network topography, and cloud-based technologies (Azure)
- Excellent communication skills and experience with communicating with users and other stakeholders to collect business requirements
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience working in an agile development environment, supporting multiple teams and technologies
- Experience with designing and implementing Ansible playbooks
- Experience with containerized architectures/management (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and Virtualized Systems
- Experience supporting NoSQL and/or modern hybrid database technologies
- Prior experience mentoring engineers and providing technical direction to teams
What will you be doing?
- Helping lead definition, architecture, design, and implementation of infrastructure-as-code systems to support GMT’s current and future infrastructure
- Driving the continuous evolution of best practices within the infrastructure team
- Integrating DevOps tools and best practices in support of all code GMT creates and maintains (continuous integration, testing, build, deployment, monitoring, etc.)
- Migrating existing on-prem systems to the cloud as appropriate
- Managing infrastructure-as-code tools ecosystem, including Ansible
- Creating proof-of-concept designs with input from the product owners
- Analyzing programs for performance improvements and troubleshooting when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.