Being a Solutions Manager at GMT
As a Solutions Manager at GMT, you are the conduit between our clients and the business team. Your top priority is to build strong and trusting relationships with our customers. Every day is different as you wear multiples hats: project coordinator, solution architect and business analyst.
We hire for cultural and skillet fit. You’ve got to be smart, innovative and open to change. Our employees are collaborative, thought-leaders who are an extension of our clients’ teams.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
While we hire a lot of parcel and logistics talent, our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are passionate about using big data, IT tools and cutting-edge processes to bring value to our clients. We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, MIS, or Business
- 4+ years of GMT experience or 5+ years combined experience in a client-facing role leading highly analytical projects
- Experience in distribution and logistics, preferably in parcel transportation
- Ability to communicate effectively with a customer’s executives and demonstrate strategic understanding of business needs
- Experience designing and executing complex queries in SQL preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (formulas, data cleansing, data manipulation)
- Ability to be client focused while working effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
What will you be doing?
- Lead a team supporting GMT’s proprietary parcel audit.
- Serve as a conduit between carrier and client for billing related issues
- Manage projects relating to the implementation of new customers, as well as the addition of new carriers or services for those customers.
- Provide expertise to client on the methodology, formatting, timing, and structure of data analytics and reports
- Hold weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc calls with the client setting agenda, action items and follow up activities
Spend Analytics / Network Optimization:
- Perform parcel network analysis & modeling to support clients’ network evaluation processes
- Partner with client to identify cost reduction and service improvement opportunities
- Track potential and actual customer savings from GMT solutions
- Improve and develop processes and systems to expertly deliver spend analytics and network optimization solutions
- Utilize key parcel metrics and business intelligence tools to strategically manage client’s parcel network
- Help your client win by aggressively identifying cost and service savings opportunities
- You serve as a key partner to GMT’s business intelligence team
- Explain our technology and proposed solutions to clients
- Support and help troubleshoot delivered work during project and post-project
- Ensure client expectations are met and exceeded in terms of quality of product and service delivered
- Support development of Request for Proposal documentation
- You are the source of thought leadership on industry standard methodologies for our clients and internal teams
- Participate in speaking engagements at logistics industry conferences
- Compose articles for industry publications
- Lead business solution design sessions with key stake holders to map current business process and identify pain points and opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.