Being a Solutions Engineer I at GMT
As a Solutions Engineer I at GMT, you are the conduit between our clients’ data and the account management team. Your top priority is to build strong and trusting relationships with our customers. Every day is different as you wear multiples hats: project coordinator, solution architect and business analyst.
We hire for cultural and skillset fit. You’ve got to be smart, innovative and open to change. Our employees are collaborative, thought-leaders who are an extension of our clients’ teams.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
While we hire a lot of parcel and logistics talent, our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are passionate about using big data, IT tools and cutting-edge processes to bring value to our clients. We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, MIS, Supply Chain or Data Analytics
- Experience designing and executing queries in a relational database (SQL preferred)
- Knowledge of transportation and supply chain systems / concepts
- Strong desire to learn new technologies related to BI & data warehousing
- Innovative thinker with strong analytical problem solving capabilities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (formulas, data cleansing, data manipulation)
What will you be doing?
- Working with clients to understand their needs and develop GMT solutions
- Managing the portfolio of customer reports
- Performing parcel network analysis and modeling to support network evaluation
- Tracking potential and actual savings
- Creating custom business rules using proprietary software for data labelling and GL allocation
- Working cross-functionally with IT, management and our contracts team
- Identifying and presenting ad hoc analysis leading to logistics cost-reduction and service improvements
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.