Being a Software Engineer II at GMT
As a Software Engineer II at GMT, you are responsible for developing and maintaining applications used for both customer processing and website interactions. Your top priorities are to ensure strong maintenance practices and participate in system implementation. Every single day is different as you wear multiples hats: solution architect, developer and analyst.
We hire for cultural and skillset fit. You’ve got to be smart, innovative and open to change. Our employees are collaborative, thought-leaders who are an extension of our clients’ teams.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in a MS-platform, web-development environment
- Strong programming skills in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Microsoft SQL, and VB6 a plus
- Experience with HTML
- Experience with object-oriented design and development principles within the .NET framework
- Moderate to strong experience with XML, XSL, XSLT
- High level of business application literacy with spreadsheets, word processing and database software and/or business systems (Word, Access, Excel, Visio, Project, and other software)
What will you be doing?
- Developing original .NET applications using the appropriate language
- Building proof-of-concept mock-ups in HTML
- Engineering database calls in SQL databases
- Partnering with peers to carry out unit testing of new development
- Creating test plans and scenarios for development unit testing
- Documenting new development, procedures and test plans
- Participating in data builds and deployment efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.