Being a Senior Product Owner at GMT
Green Mountain Technology is looking for a hard-working, dedicated Senior Product Owner to align the development of technical solutions with product direction and business objectives. As a Senior Product Owner at GMT, you are responsible for maximizing the value for a product. You are experienced in the role of a Product Owner, an expert of your product(s), and have a deep understanding of the business or technology domain. Your top priorities are to build strong and trusting relationships, gather product requirements, prioritize work, and effectively support your development team(s). Every single day is different as you wear multiples hats to ensure products are executed with impeccable features and functionality.
We hire for cultural, and skillset fit. You’ve got to be smart, innovative, and open to change. Our employees are collaborative thought-leaders who are an extension of our clients’ teams.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
- Ability to work with software development teams and effectively drive development activities.
- Desire to manage scope, roadmap, timeline, quality, goals, and deliverables that support business goals – love for delivering in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Flexibility to work around tight schedules and evolving requirements.
- Exceptional facilitation skills to lead program level planning ceremonies against backlogs of prioritized work. Manage risk, dependencies, and impediments.
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills. Curiosity to continually reevaluate existing user interactions.
- Ability to track and run multiple projects.
- Ability to develop frameworks for solving a range of complex problems.
- Creative thinking to foresee future problems and define resolutions/new opportunities.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Technical background or experience working with highly complex requirements.
- Basic knowledge of automation and continuous delivery practices. Ability to participate in their role and utilize necessary tools with minimal guidance.
- Has general awareness of testing practices and has been involved in hands-on testing.
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design principles.
- Ability to collaborate across business and technology and build alliances with both internal and external stakeholders to gain support and buy-in on ideas, reconciling and negotiating disparate viewpoints.
- Ability to communicate, partner, and challenge business stakeholders effectively.
- Familiarity with data collection and analysis best practices.
- Working knowledge of the logistics and auditing industry is preferred.
What will you be doing?
- Own and drive product strategy, overall project business management, project goals, product roadmaps, development of business requirements, and represent the business on Agile teams, ensuring they have a clear understanding of how their product ties to business objectives.
- Create and prioritize features/epics/stories in the program backlog; empowered to make decisions about trade-offs with emerging work versus planned work.
- Refine, review, and accept features/epics with the Product Owners to ensure there is enough “ready” work for the upcoming 1-2 quarters
- Provide direction and guidance for day-to-day efforts of resources providing support for requirements, task management, and user and business perspective.
- Collaborate with scrum teams and business partners to drive execution of maintenance critical efforts and bug fixes. Play a meaningful role in building alignment between Teams and partners.
- Monitor and evaluate software development progress at each stage of the process.
- Work closely with users, product managers, business analysts, and product architects to ensure alignment and transparency across the company.
- Help create and executes a robust communications plan for product development and releases.
- Responsible for communicating with senior management on the vision of the product and its roadmap and deliverables, usage of the product through a set of meaningful metrics, project status and escalation of risks.
- Collect feedback from customers and stakeholders to measure the effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Recommends (and may drive) scalable process improvements; identifies and shares best practices and tools.
- Mentors less experienced Product Owners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.