Being a Manager DevOps Engineering at GMT
Green Mountain Technology is currently searching for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Manager of DevOps Engineering to join our rapidly growing technology staff. In addition to coordinating and supervising staff members, you will play a key hands-on role in driving the technical direction for DevOps transformation for GMT. A career at GMT will provide the opportunity to fully utilize your knowledge and abilities to develop solutions that will provide immediate value for our customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a track record of successfully implementing DevOps technologies and leading transformative efforts, will exhibit sound problem-solving skills, and be dedicated to staying current with new technologies. As a senior-level employee, you will also need to show strong leadership skills by coaching others when needed and by encouraging excellence within the company.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- At least 10 years of professional experience in technology. Ability to lead by example
- At least 5 years of professional experience leading people
- Deep understanding of DevOps concepts and hands-on experience with DevOps engineering including infrastructure as code, virtualization, containerization, site reliability engineering, CI/CD, and application operations and monitoring
- Experience with both Linux and Windows environments running both distributed and cloud-based systems (Azure)
- Experience leading DevOps transformations, including tool selection, implementation, and support
- Solution design and implementation skills, including strategic and tactical planning (creating roadmaps and specific solution designs)
- Excellent programming/scripting skills with hands-on proficiency in at least one modern scripting language
- Excellent communication skills and experience with communicating with users and other stakeholders to collect business requirements
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years of professional experience
- Experience working in an agile development environment, supporting multiple teams and technologies
- Experience with containerized architectures/management (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and Virtualized Systems
- Experience with vendor management
What will you be doing?
- Coordinating and supervising IT staff members
- Maintaining operational efficiency within budget guidelines
- Helping lead definition, architecture, design, and implementation of infrastructure-as-code systems to support GMT’s current and future infrastructure
- Driving the continuous evolution of best practices within the infrastructure and DevOps teams
- Managing GMT’s DevOps tool ecosystem (CI/CD, Monitoring, IAC, etc.)
- Migrating existing on-prem systems to the cloud as appropriate
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.