Being a HR Generalist at GMT
As a HR Generalist at GMT, you will have the opportunity to align all HR Functions to successfully achieve the goals of the organization and support cultivating an Environment of World Class People Strategies.
The HR Generalist will have a transactional focus on completing administrative duties for the human resources department. They assist the HR Leader with administering/facilitating employee relations, benefit administration, recruiting, on-boarding and off-boarding employees, HRIS system, payroll administration, employee handbook, HR policies and procedures, maintaining employee records and all facets of compliance.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a varied range of Human Resources functions. The HR Generalist must be an organized multitasker able to manage multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Proficiency and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams) is essential
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, confidentiality, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our team
- Initiative-taker with proven ability to deliver results
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High attention to detail and focus on quality output
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set and manage expectations in a challenging environment
- Excellent teamwork
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Past work experience as a Human Resources Coordinator/HR Generalist or similar role
- BS/BA degree in Human Resource Administration OR Equivalent Experience in the field
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources administration & Recruitment
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certified a Plus
What will you be doing?
- Assist HR Manager in policy formulation, hiring and salary administration
- Coordinate orientation and training sessions for new employees
- Ensure smooth communication with employees and timely resolution to their queries
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests
- Maintain both hard and digital copies of employees’ records
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing pre-employment processes
- Submit online job postings, shortlist candidates and schedule job interviews
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas
- Update records of new team members
- Perform administrative duties, such as maintaining employee database and sorting emails for the HR department
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Assist with payroll and ad-hoc HR projects
- Support other assigned functions
- Maintain proper records of employee attendance and leaves
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.