Being a Director of Software Engineering at GMT
The Director of Software Engineering is responsible for delivering solutions to key priorities identified by the GMT leadership team. You will be responsible for the execution of our software roadmaps in alignment with architecture and business objectives. You will provide vision and leadership for our development teams, working in a diverse set of tools and technologies.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Organized, dedicated and hardworking
- Strong committed personality to implement architecture principles and set teams up for success
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, creative, and dynamic environment with focus and precision
- Capability to effectively balance multiple platforms, teams, assignments and priorities
- Strong validated leadership skills and capability to work with multi-functional leads
- Strong technical skills
- Aptitude to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience (7 years).
- You can draw on substantial depth and breadth of management experience to lead and grow a team
- You have solid experience leading the organizational design and leadership challenges that come with hyper-scaling an engineering group.
- Deep understanding of Software Engineering Best Practices and strong working knowledge of the principles for software architecture. Experience with development in SQL Server, .NET and related technologies preferred.
- Solid grasp and experience in Lean/agile methodologies and DevSecOps principles and practices. Experience with Scrum and SAFe preferred.
- You are experienced at mentoring and coaching the engineers in your organization.
- You have built a learning organization and are continuously learning as a leader.
What will you be doing?
Develop and enhance core software engineering principles in an agile environment
- Create positive partnerships with product leadership and IT leadership to ensure software engineers are applying best practices and provide the opportunity to give immediate feedback when needed.
- Establish and apply metrics and software standards to track efficiency and standard methodology adoption.
- Inspire, manage, and lead multiple engineering teams so they are happy, productively engaged and continuously growing
- Shepherd the engineering culture of our group, so we can achieve our mission
- Collaborate with business partners in setting strategy for the business units
Manage Software Engineers, and Recruiting
- Lead the hiring, onboarding, training, mentoring, and career development of several software engineering teams
- Create a culture of software quality and excellence in which every employee is committed to the team and its success
- Recruit new talent by attending and contributing to meetups and conferences as well as establishing a distinctive and fierce software engineering culture which will be an essential to put GMT top of mind in the development communities
Provide Expert Leadership
- Grow, teach, and lead a large team of software engineering leaders and staff engineers
- Have a solid grasp of business objectives and be able to translate what engineers are working on to those related business objectives
- Ensure the work is being framed up appropriately by product to deliver goals and timelines at a high level.Assist with program increment planning, adaptive maintenance prioritization, and sprint ceremonies
- Elevate issues as necessary to leadership
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.