Being a Contract Manager at GMT
As a Contract Manager at GMT, you are a key partner to our clients – lending analytical and business process skills to those relationships. Your top priorities are to oversee the customer’s carrier contracts – reviewing, validating the interpretation of the language, translating the agreement into auditable items and loading the rates. Every single day is different as you wear multiples hats: client liaison, problem solver and research analyst.
We hire for cultural and skillset fit. You’ve got to be smart, innovative and open to change. Our employees are collaborative, thought-leaders who are an extension of our clients’ teams.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
- Strong detail and results orientation – you’ll be reading contracts and ensuring pricing, discount and other negotiated rates match billing
- Client-centric mindset with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, stay organized and manage time well
- Collaborative approach to problem solving – internally and with external clients
- Flexibility to work around tight schedules and evolving requirements
- Love for delivering in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Strong judgment & logic with the ability to quickly analyze and understand complex data sets, break them down to the critical few, and drive toward resolution
- College Degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in transportation or supply chain
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Applications, preferably Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
What will you be doing?
- Diving in to understand the business requirements for customer contract validation
- Managing the loading of carrier contracts and serving as the internal expert for all carrier contracts concerning rate structure, terms, conditions, expiration, and uniqueness.
- Assessing, monitoring and continually improving the audit processes and procedures behind customer contract rating
- Responding to questions and audit quality issues identified by customers, carriers, or internal team members
- Providing expertise to customers on the structure, methodology, formatting, timing, and structure of carrier contracts
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to research, define, and document rating issues and audit requirements for projects, processes, and initiatives
- Collaborating with other departments to resolve issues and expedite work
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.