Being a Agile Business Analyst II at GMT
As an Agile Business Analyst II, you will work closely with stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations that exist at GMT and play a key role in the identification and development of solutions that enable us to achieve our goals. You will act as a liaison between business and technical groups to gather and document business requirements and processes, develop high-level application designs, and partner with development teams on specifications. Based on a thorough analysis of business processes and stakeholder feedback, this role is tasked with establishing business needs and seeking opportunities for addressing those needs through improved business processes.
Your top priority is to bridge the gap between IT and the business using technical acumen to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-drive recommendations. You’ll engage with stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into details that solutions architects and developers can understand. You must be able to refine the varying messages as well as the requirements of the stakeholders or consumers into a consistent, single vision. This shared vision will be enforced through comprehensive documentation and diagrams which specify system-user interactions, describe how data should flow through the system, and spell out the logical operations that technical solutions must perform.
We hire for cultural and skillset fit. You’ve got to be smart, innovative and open to change. Our employees are collaborative thought-leaders who are an extension of our clients’ teams.
So, what's the GMT culture?
GMT was founded by a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating substantial financial outcomes for clients, transforming audits through technology and hiring the most talented, dedicated employees. We love to innovate and put ideas into action quickly.
We live our values each day - they are the foundation of who we are. If integrity, excellence, and customer-focused describe you, you're the right person for the job.
What skills do you need?
While we hire a lot of parcel and logistics talent, our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are passionate about using big data, IT tools and cutting-edge processes to bring value to our clients. We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, business administration, finance, information systems, or related field
- 2+ years of proven experience in a Business Analyst role preferred
- Proven business process modeling experience
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development
- Appropriate technical background/knowledge to provide highly credible leadership to development teams
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at every level of the organization
- Superior time-management skills and flexibility to react appropriately to change
- Expertise in both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together correctly to meet the needs of a project or business environment
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle
- Ability to evaluate and address complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
- Ability to effectively collaborate with customers and project stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, including mentoring, coaching, communication, and team building
- Creative approach to problem solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Experience creating visual models, such as process flow diagrams, business domain models, etc., to represent and understand the business domain
What will you be doing?
- Participating in projects based on strategic direction of product management leaders
- Conducting requirements elicitation through techniques such as brainstorming, focus groups, interviews, and requirement workshops
- Interpreting end-user needs and requirements to translate concepts into practice
- Conducting stakeholder engagement assessments and managing stakeholder expectations to ensure all expectations are established and successfully met throughout the project
- Creating appropriate documentation throughout all steps of the project lifecycle
- Quantifying current results and trends and conducting statistical analysis to identify process improvement opportunities
- Helping the business identify quantifiable process measures and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Understanding the product roadmap and cross functional dependencies to help guide business units in the gathering of their requirements
- Acting as the primary liaison between the business and technical team
- Facilitating meetings with applications developers to ensure business requirements are accurately translated into technical specifications and a solution design
- Continuously developing knowledge and skills on systems that the team interacts with to better assist the technical team in the early identification of system gaps and potential development issues
- Working directly with end users to develop, execute, and manage a user acceptance test plan, including the management and tracking of defect reporting
- Coaching teams on various process management methodologies and best practices to create common and consistent standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at GMT. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Learn more about our award winning culture and team.