I am noticing Regional carriers are gaining more interest than ever in the parcel shipping community these days. They have been a presence for years in the industry, but recent parcel industry trends and developments are thrusting them onto an even larger stage. Retailers in particular have been a primary factor in providing greater stardom for the Regionals. As most in the parcel industry are aware, omni-channel retailing strategies are disrupting how retailing is conducted. As a result, the methods for fulfilling and delivering consumer orders are also being disrupted. A primary objective of the omni-channel strategy is optimizing inventory...
Cosmetic and Beauty Manufacturer Partners with GMT for $3M+ in RFP Savings
When a large cosmetic and beauty manufacturer partnered with GMT during a parcel carrier RFP evaluation, the partnership yielded $3.5M in savings.
- Carriers and Shippers Navigate Longterm Impact of B2C Deliveries
- 2020 Guide to COVID-19 and Peak Season Surcharges and Rate Changes
- 2021 Guide to COVID-19 Surcharges and Rate Changes
- Peak Season is Here, but FedEx, UPS, Regional Carriers, and Even Shippers Have Their Eyes on 2021
- Thank You for 4 Years of ‘Fastest’ Growth